Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shoe contract?


from sarah the sewist

So can you get a shoe contract for sewing?

Josh saw me sewing with my brand-spankin' new shoes on (oddly, Vans seem to be the only shoes that I can wear while sewing and get enough traction for optimal foot pedal control) and stuck the sticker that was in the shoe box on the foot pedal. We have a lot of vintage skateboarding magazines around the house at the moment (believe it or not, these are related to my job---I have a very cool job) and Josh was inspired by the ads in them. They always show some cool dude doing a really cool trick in the shoes. Well, I guess I'm a cool gal doing a really cool trick with the sewing machine.

4 comments:

mamafitz said...

LOL, great photo! i have to sew barefoot -- can't even do socks. many times i'll be walking between the machine and the ironing board wearing one shoe/sock.

Anonymous said...

You made me want to buy them! It makes sense that shoes made for skateboarding would keep you from slipping off the foot pedal.

As for myself, I'm one of those who always has to look under the sewing table for my missing shoes. :)

poplin said...

Those shoes take me back.

Anonymous said...

nice shos for young sewists, but for the older... My auntie sews all day with nylons and low heeled pumps and I never seen a seamstress who runs faster the machine motor! ;)