Saturday, July 28, 2007

The SewER

from josh the sewer

Here is a little bit about me and my sewing (I don't have, at the moment, any great projects to share):

1. I can use the sewing machine well and even sew straight
2. I suck at pinning
3. Patterns still don't make much sense to me, I can make a garment but I need my co-host to help me figure out "what's next?"
4. I have a problem cutting the seams to close, this has resulted in having to re-sew the seams on the raglan shirt I am working on and a hole in my pants (errrrrrr)
5. I like cotton "chillin' shirts"
6. I once (not too long ago) "incredible hulked" a shirt I was working on; I thought the sewing was wrong, but turns out the cutting was bad. It was a muslin, so not a huge loss
7. I am not very good with scissors
8. I have 8 yards of double knit polyester in the garage, but I hate it
9. My goal is to make a really nice "throwback" baseball jersey and to use scissors well; one is possible, the other, maybe not
10. I really like texture
11. I am obsessed with piping (but I like to call it pipping (soft "i").

0 comments: